How does spending a week in Clark Colorado, north of Steamboat Springs, at the Glen Eden Resort sound? You could be a participant in a week long educational experience offered through La Plata Electric Association, Inc. (LPEA).
You will learn about the issues surrounding the electric industry,
how our government works, and discuss current issues with state congressional representatives. Your experience will be shared with nearly 100 of your peers from Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming and Oklahoma. While the trip is not billed as a vacation, you will be entertained with a dance, volleyball tournament and other fun activities. Most importantly, you will make friends to last a lifetime!
The opportunity to participate is open to all area high school juniors. LPEA will sponsor one student from each area high school to attend the 2018 CEEI Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp. This year's Leadership Camp will be held July 14 - July 19, 2018. This is an all expenses paid trip.
1. The Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp is open to high school (public, private or homeschool) juniors in La Plata, Archuleta,
Hinsdale, Mineral and San Juan counties. (The children, grandchildren, brothers or sisters of La Plata Electric Association, Inc.
employees or directors are eligible to participate in the Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp.)
2. Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp entries must include a completed Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp application and a
500-word essay about what it "Means to be a Leader", reflecting the student's personal perspective on leadership. Applicants
should have a strong academic record, be interested in enhancing their leadership potential and have an interest in meeting
3. Compositions must be formatted and typed using size 12 Arial or Times New Roman font. Double-spaced on one side of each page.
4. The Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp application and essay deadline is Monday, January 8, 2018.
5. You may deliver them to a La Plata Electric Association, Inc. office:
6. Mail Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp application and essays to:
La Plata Electric Association, Inc., 2018 Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp, P.O. Box 2750, Durango, CO 81302
For further information regarding the Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp, contact Lonnie Tucker, (970) 382-3511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck. We would love to have you represent your state and your cooperative at the 2018 CEEI Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp.